The Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) has officially announced that the upcoming general elections in the country are scheduled to take place in the final week of January 2024.
This announcement comes in the wake of ongoing delimitation processes aligned with the new census data. The ECP disclosed that the preliminary list of constituency boundaries, which is being adjusted in accordance with the updated population data, will be made public on September 27.
Following a thorough review of the delimitation progress, the ECP has determined that the final list of constituencies will be released on November 30, taking into account objections and suggestions from concerned parties.
As a result, the electoral polls are set to occur during the last week of January 2024, in accordance with the 54-day election schedule, as specified in the ECP’s statement.
This announcement by the ECP has effectively put an end to the uncertainty surrounding the timing of the elections. Previously, the approval of a new census by the Pakistan Democratic Movement (PDM)-led government had mandated the electoral body to conduct delimitation before proceeding with the polls, leading to concerns about potential delays.
- Malaysia Visit Visa Fees for Pakistani Travelers – November 2023
- Nawaz to start political activities next week – LATEST
- Qatari Court Sentences 8 Indian Navy Personnel to Death for Espionage on Behalf of Israel
- Honda Reduces Car Costs by Up to Rs. 300,000
- ICC Cricket World Cup 2023: Pakistan Prepared to Face Australia